old Health Concerns and Mold

Molds can cause diseases in humans and animals. The health effects can result from allergenic sensitivity to mold from ingestion or inhalation of mycotoxins produced by molds. In extreme cases health concerns can arise from the growth of disease-causing molds in the body.

Toxic mold produces and emits mycotoxins, which are toxic chemicals created when mold spores reproduce. Mycotoxins can be found in mold colonies, on living and dead mold spores.

While not all mold species produce mycotoxins, those that do can be very toxic to living cells. This can lead to serious health effects to those that come in contact with them. Even long-term, low-level exposure to mycotoxins, is thought to cause serious health effects including cancer, immunosuppression, neurological effects, damage blood cells and the kidneys and hemorrhagic strokes, as well as other irritation side effects.

Mold spores are some of the harmful microorganisms the immune system is designed to defend against. When mold enters the body, by being inhaled or through a cut or in some other way, the immune system kicks into gear to protect the body from the threat. You might run a fever and you might feel tired while your body tries to fight off an infection.

If you’re able to successfully fight off the infection, everything will then return to normal. If you continue to be exposed to mold every day in your home, though, your body probably won’t be able to fight off the infection and your condition may get worse over time. Your condition may worsen even if you get medical care.

According to the CDC (Center for Disease Control) it states: “Current evidence indicates that allergies are the type of diseases most often associated with molds.” “Reaction of individuals can vary greatly either because of the person’s susceptibility or type and amount of mold present…” “If you are susceptible to mold and mold is seen or smelled, there is a potential health risk; therefore, no matter what type of mold is present, you should arrange for its removal.”

If you have a compromised immune system, you’ll be much more susceptible to mold-related illness. You’ll also find it much more difficult to fight off infection and it may take you much longer than other people to recover. 

If you have a condition that affects your immunity, be sure to consult your doctor right away if you’ve discovered mold in your home or workplace. Even if you aren’t currently experiencing symptoms of mold-related illness, it’s best to consult with your doctor to find out if you need to take any special precautions to prevent becoming ill from the mold. In any event, you’ll want to have the mold removed from your home as soon as possible, in order to prevent becoming ill.

According to the CDC (Center for Disease Control): “People with a weakened immune system, such as people receiving treatment for cancer, people who have had an organ or stem cell transplant, and people taking medicines that suppress the immune system, are more likely to get mold infections.”

“Exposure to mold or dampness may also lead to development of asthma in some individuals. Interventions that improve housing conditions can reduce illness from asthma and respiratory allergies.”

Mountain Fog can come into a home or dwelling of an individual that might have health concerns due to a weakened immune system, or has general concerns of mold overall, and can completely eradicate any mold that might be visible or invisible to the eye. We can provide you with an assurance that your living environment is healthy and completely free from mold.  Call today to talk with a certified technician about our process and how it can help you today.  



Click one of our contacts below to chat on WhatsApp